Peer Learning Activities relevant to this Peer Learning Cluster or group:
Aims and Objectives
There is a substantial activity in European countries to move from 'teaching only knowledge' to a broader competence-based approach that put more emphasis on acquiring also skills and attitudes. In particular, much more attention has been paid for ensuring the cross-curricular competences such as social and civic, entrepreneurship, learning to learn, digital and cultural competences.
In order to support this development, the work of the Peer Learning Cluster in 2007 has looked into the following items:
- the presence of key competences in curricula;
- how teacher education and learning materials have changed (and should change) in order to promote the acquisition of key competences.
Recently, the Cluster has started to work on the assessment of key competences and it will also look into effective policies to improve the reading skills and other basic skills within compulsory education.
- Assessment of Key competences_joint seminar Oct. 2009.pdf
- Key Competences_Synthesis report PLAs 2007_en.pdf;
- The report of the PLA Adult literacy jointly organised with the Working group on adult learning (PLA_Adult literacy_Jan. 08_ Final report.pdf).
- European Training Foundation (ETF)
- European Centre of Enterprises with Public Participation and of Enterprises of General Economic Interest (CEEP)
- European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC).